Standing on the shores of Apalachee Bay at the mouth of the St. Marks River, the St. Marks LIghthouse is the second-oldest light station in Florida. The first tower built on this location was erected in 1831, but it was moved in 1842 due to erosion concerns. The tower stands 73 feet tall, and the now-automated light remains active today. The light station is located within St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge.
Copyright © Drew Smith Photography